Revised Agenda - Board of Trustees Meeting 9/17
By: Barbara Toy
September 14, 2006 11:20PM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
September 17, 2006
- Approval of July Minutes
- Set November meeting date – Anza star party is 11/18, BSC is 11/25, the General Meeting is 11/10, and Thanksgiving is 11/23. The best alternatives appear to be 11/5 (full moon) or 11/12.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; “computerized financial forecast” proposal.
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Dave Radosevich re: the observatory roof.
- Scott Roberts from Meade re: participation in the Meade 4M Community
- Banquet update
- Anza Broadband system: Consideration of UPS units to protect the server and other points in the system, and acquisition of 5 more static IP addresses. See emails from Vance Tyree
- Anza House - Anza House roof repair
- AstroImage 2006: review.
- Observatory roof – setting of schedule, etc.
Ř Part 1: Remove and replace rear roof support structure. Cost?
Ř Part 2: Remove and replace existing roof. Cost?
- Removal of trailers left on Anza site.
- Status on termination of pad licenses for delinquency in paying pad and/or membership fees.
- Proposed promotional item: embroidered OCA patches (suggested by Matt Ota)
- Need assistant for Don Lynn
- Star Gazers of Seal Beach/Leisure World – request for assistance.
- Boy Scouts/Lost Valley camp and telescope
- Donation of Clark Telescope to OCA
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Test directional arrow on Football Field pads – this has been postponed indefinitely because of Matt Ota has not been able to go out to Anza as initially expected.
- Anza Site Committee update
- WeatherCam status – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected. Have compatible connectors and the new mirror been obtained?
- Checking of keys to all structures at Anza (i.e. observatories/sheds) – the available keys have been tested and Charlie provided with a list of missing keys.
- Remove and replace steel front door on observatory – status.
- Anza perimeter fence - status