Proposed Agenda for Board Meeting Sunday, 7/9/06
By: Barbara Toy
July 6, 2006 7:51AM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
July 9, 2006
- Approval of May Minutes
- Set September meeting date – Labor Day is 9/4, Anza star party is 9/23, BSC is 9/16, the General Meeting is 9/8. The best alternatives appear to be 9/10 or 9/17.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; “computerized financial forecast” proposal, financial report to the membership.
- Banquet update
- Anza House
Ř No volunteers yet for coordinator – need suggestions for recruitment.
Ř Anza House roof repair
- Astroimage 2006: status.
- Centennial Museum status
- Observatory roof – setting of schedule, etc.
Ř Part 1: Remove and replace rear roof support structure. Cost?
Ř Part 2: Remove and replace Roof. Cost?
- Removal of trailers left on Anza site.
- Donation of Chris Butler painting to the club – how should it be used?
- Anza electrical system – what do we want to do with that project?
- Action to terminate pad licenses for delinquency in paying pad fees and membership fees.
- Anza House lights (interior and exterior)
- Proposed promotional item: embroidered OCA patches (suggested by Matt Ota)
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Website technical support – we finally have a new Web Tech, Rob Carr, who has already corrected some problems on the site. He is coordinating with Hassi Norlen, our Website Editor.
- Anza weed whackers – thanks to Ray Stann, the big weed whacker is fully operational, and the small gas-powered one is marginally operational. Thanks to Bruce Waddington, club members also have the use of his electrical weed-whacker and extra cord, which is stored in the storage container by the observatory.
- Test directional arrow on Football Field pads – this has been postponed because of Matt Ota’s schedule this summer.
- Anza Site Committee update
- Mocat update
- Anza Broadband system: Connections at the observatory still need to be completed; Vance needs to know where the antenna will go when the roof is replaced.
- WeatherCam status – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected. Charlie is looking for compatible connectors.
- Checking of keys to all structures at Anza (i.e. observatories/sheds) – not yet done.
- Remove and replace steel front door on observatory – status.