REVISED Agenda for Board Meeting 5/7/06
By: Barbara Toy
May 4, 2006 12:09AM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
May 7, 2006
- Approval of March Minutes
- Set July meeting date – Anza star party is 7/22, BSC is 7/29, General Meeting is 7/14, and a lot of people will probably be taking a 4-day weekend for the 4th of July. The best alternatives appear to be 7/9 or 7/16.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; “computerized financial forecast” proposal, financial report to the membership.
- That the amounts expended by Gary Schones to repair the Anza site roads and other areas, clear weeds, and do other Anza site work are approved.
- Phil Stagnitto: Star Catcher Observatory modifications
- Banquet update
- Anza House
Ř No volunteers yet for coordinator.
Ř Anza House roof repair
- Astroimage 2006: status.
- Road repair – Anza site and adjoining road – cost of gravel has gone up substantially.
- Observatory roof – setting of schedule, etc.
Ř Part 1: Remove and replace rear roof support structure. Cost?
Ř Part 2: Remove and replace Roof. Cost?
- Removal of trailers left on site.
- Donation of Chris Butler painting to the club – how should it be used?
- Compass rose for the Football Field (Matt Ota)
- Handicapped pads near Anza House (Matt Ota)
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Anza electrical system – status?
- Anza Site Committee update
- Anza Broadband system: Connections at the observatory still need to be completed.
- Anza House roof repairs.
- WeatherCam status – Gary Schones has installed the new metal base, the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected.
- Checking of keys to all structures at Anza (i.e. observatories/sheds).
- Remove and replace steel front door on observatory.
- Centennial Heritage Museum request for payment for use of facilities