Agenda - 9/13/09 Board Meeting
By: Barbara Toy
September 10, 2009 9:39PM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
September 13, 2009
- Approval of July Minutes
- Set November meeting date – General Meeting is 11/13, Anza star party is 11/14, BSC is 11/7, full moon is 11/2, AIC is 10/30 through 11/1, Thanksgiving weekend is 11/26 through 11/29, and many people have commitments the weekend before Thanksgiving. The best alternatives would probably 11/8 or 11/15.
- Financial Summary/Treasurer’s Report
- Approval of purchase of tabbing machine to comply with new USPS requirements for bulk mailing of the Sirius Astronomer.
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- New observatories at Anza – update on plan status, electrical, etc.
- Written standards/procedures
- Club pad license sale – update
- Amazon link and eScript updates.
- Telescope Loaner Program update
- Other IYA activities?
- Improving security of cash box at Anza House.
- PATS – OCA booth
- Board election
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Status re: removal of Palomar Mt. antenna on OCA property/property boundaries (no change).
- 12-inch telescope repair (no change).
- WeatherCam – no change.
- Front door on club observatory has been replaced, thanks to Gary Schones.