Proposed Agenda for 1/18/09 Board Meeting
By: Barbara Toy
January 17, 2009 11:25AM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
January 18, 2009
- Welcome to new Board
- Approval of November Minutes
- Set March meeting date – General Meeting is 3/13, Anza star party is 3/28, BSC is 3/21, full moon is 3/10, Daylight Savings begins 3/8. The best alternatives would be 3/8 or 3/15.
- Financial Summary/Treasurer’s Report
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Anza site plan – clearing area below member observatory level.
- Update/status re: removal of Palomar Mt. antenna on OCA property, possible arrangement with company for Internet access.
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected.
- Club pad license sale – update
- Delinquent license fees on several member pads – update
- Amazon link and eScript updates
- Update re: storage for AstroImage gallery.
- Status on the Mills telescope.
- New Member Forum update.
- Repair of Bonny Lane, roads on Anza site.
- Solar telescope proposal
- Donated mirror blanks, etc.
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Black Star Canyon update.
- Possible new Orange County viewing site – Planning to visit site before making recommendations.
- Developments with Riverside County Planning Dept. – No progress yet. Planning to contact Planning Department again.