Agenda for Board Meeting on 9/28/08
By: Barbara Toy
September 25, 2008 8:28PM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
September 28, 2008
- Approval of July Minutes
- Set November meeting date – Anza star party is 11/29 (Thanksgiving weekend), BSC is 11/22, the General Meeting is 11/14, full moon is 11/12. The best alternatives would be 11/2, 11/9 or 11/16.
- Financial Summary/Treasurer’s Report
- OCA agrees to accept OPTAS members who choose to transfer their remaining OPTAS memberships to OCA as full members of OCA for the period of their remaining OPTAS membership year, after which they would need to renew at regular OCA rates. As part of this agreement, OPTAS has agreed to transfer the prorated dues for these remaining terms to OCA.
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Anza site plan, developments with Riverside County Planning Dept.
- Anza network update; rebooting issue.
- Update re: removal of Palomar Mt. antenna on OCA property, possible arrangement with company for Internet access.
- Anza site security issues (update) – status of new doorknobs and locks for Anza House?
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected.
- Club pad license sale – update
- Delinquent license fees on several member pads – update
- Amazon link and eScript updates
- Update re: storage for AstroImage gallery.
- Status on the Mills telescope.
- New Member Forum update.
- International Year of Astronomy
- Astrophysics chair issue
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Black Star Canyon update.
- AC unit for computer room has been installed by Alan Smallbone & Bruce Waddington