Proposed Agenda for 7/20/08 Board Meeting
By: Barbara Toy
July 15, 2008 7:59PM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
July 20, 2008
- Approval of May Minutes
- Set September meeting date – Anza star party is 9/27, BSC is 9/20, the General Meeting is 9/12, full moon is 9/15, PATS is 9/13-9/14, and Labor Day is 9/1. The best alternative would be 9/7, next best would be or 9/14 (conflicts with PATS) or 9/21 (day after BSC).
- Financial Summary/Treasurer’s Report
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Tim Thompson re: 40-inch mirror proposal.
- Dave Radosevich re: The Mills telescope
- Anza site plan, developments with Riverside County Planning Dept.
- Anza network update; rebooting issue.
- Update re: removal of Palomar Mt. antenna on OCA property
- Anza site security issues (update) – status of new doorknobs and locks for Anza House?
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected.
- Club pad license sale – update
- Delinquent license fees on several member pads – update
- Amazon link and eScript updates
- Update re: storage for AstroImage gallery – a number of things were cleared out of the storage area, some sold at RTMC. Should the AstroImage gallery pictures and stands be moved there? How should arrangements to get them for various events be handled?
- Parking at Chapman University
- Should we make any changes or additions to general meetings?
- New Member Forum – need more people willing to handle the table, or to modify the concept.
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- AC unit for computer room to be installed by Alan Smallbone & Bruce Waddington in next month.