Proposed Agenda for Board Meeting 9/23/07
By: Barbara Toy
September 19, 2007 10:51PM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
September 23, 2007
- Approval of July Minutes
- Set November meeting date Anza star party is 11/10, BSC is 11/3, the General Meeting is 11/9, full moon is 11/24, Thanksgiving is 11/22. The Sunday that is clear of other club events and holidays is 11/18, but some people celebrate Thanksgiving that day. 11/4 or 11/11 might be better alternatives.
- Financial Summary: Treasurers Report; Banquet report; AstroImage 2006 review
- Increase prior authorization for materials for the observatory roof project to $3000.00, including approximately $400.00 for replacement sheeting for the metal wall shields.
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Dave Radosevich Observatory roof update
- Jim Windlinger Proposal to modify observatory
- Leon Aslan Proposal to modify observatory
- Robert Peck Observatory proposal
- Anza network security issues
- Anza site security issues (update) changing combinations, recommendation of new doorknobs and locks for Anza House (all exterior doors); J. Simons issue
- WeatherCam the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected.
- Anza House roof replacement
- Board Election
- OCA booth at H.O.T.S. Conference at IVC
- Proposal re: 40-inch mirror (LA club)
- Liability concerns/Santa Barbara case
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Storage for AstroImage gallery visit to storage shed has not yet been scheduled.
- Anza Site Committee update Gary is still working on obtaining more detailed grading plans for submission to the County
- Anza perimeter fence Don Lynn has continued to do the work on it essentially alone, and it is almost completed.