Agenda for 7/22/07 Board Meeting
By: Barbara Toy
July 20, 2007 8:14AM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
July 22, 2007
- Approval of May Minutes
- Set September meeting date – Anza star party is 9/8, BSC is 9/1 (Labor Day is 9/4), the General Meeting is 9/7, Explore the Stars is 9/15, full moon is 9/26, Ramadan begins on 9/13; the best alternatives in general would be 9/23 or 9/30, with 9/16 as a 3rd choice.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; Banquet report; Telescope raffle report; AstroImage 2006 review
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Alan Smallbone – Observatory proposal
- Board night at Mt. Wilson, courtesy of Rick Guy – 8-18-07
- AstroImage 2008
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected. Have compatible connectors and the new mirror been obtained?
- Anza network security issues
- Anza site security issues – changing combinations, recommendation of new doorknobs and locks for Anza House (all exterior doors).
- J. Simons issue
- Anza House repairs (new roof needed)
- Board email list
- Liability concerns/Santa Barbara case
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Centennial Museum update
- Storage for AstroImage gallery – visit to storage shed has not yet been scheduled.
- Skyshed issue (Craig Bobchin)
- Anza Site Committee update – initial grading plans received, further detail needed
- Anza perimeter fence – Don Lynn has continued to do the work on it essentially alone, and it is almost completed.