Proposed Agenda - Board Meeting on 5/6/07
By: Barbara Toy
May 4, 2007 8:05AM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
May 6, 2007
- Approval of March Minutes
- Set July meeting date – Anza star party is 7/14, BSC is 7/7, the General Meeting is 7/13, full moon is 7/29; the best alternatives would be 7/29 or 7/22.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; Banquet report; Telescope raffle report; AstroImage 2006 review
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Notices re: weed/rubbish clearance at Anza? Deadline is end of May.
- Notices to pad/observatory holders that any significant proposed changes to their pad/observatory need to be submitted to the Board for approval?AstroImage 2008
- Election schedule (closing nominations in November instead of December) – per By Laws, the Board can set the schedule.
- Suggestions for finding assistants/replacements for Don Lynn/Anza Site Custodian position
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected. Have compatible connectors and the new mirror been obtained?
- Storage for AstroImage gallery
- Anza House repairs
- Centennial Heritage Museum – participation on its Board?
- Rick Guy’s offer to sponsor two nights at Mt. Wilson
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Skyshed issue (Craig Bobchin)
- Anza Site Committee update – have estimate of $700 to draw up grading plans.
- Anza perimeter fence – Don Lynn is continuing to install additional posts, needs volunteers to help out at the May star parties (NW corner of the property)
- MOCAT update – the telescope is operational, and can be controlled by laptop from the living room of Anza House as well as the control room; JV Howell and Gene Kent plan to run it from the living room area at the May star party so anyone who is in Anza House will be able to share the view of what the telescope is looking at in real time.