Revised Agenda - 3/25/07 Board Meeting
By: Barbara Toy
March 21, 2007 8:57PM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
March 25, 2007
- Approval of January Minutes
- Set May meeting date – Anza star parties are 5/12 and 5/19, BSC is 5/12, the General Meeting is 5/11, Mothers’ Day is 5/13, and RTMC/Memorial Day Weekend is 5/25-28. The best alternative would be 5/6, second best would be 5/20.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; AstroImage 2006 review; OCA pin sales
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Dave Radosevich – update on observatory roof replacement.
- Banquet – set 4/28; Jim Benet is the coordinator.
- Astronomy Week/Astronomy Day activities (4/16-22; Astronomy Day is 4/21); need people to run OCA booth at Astronomers Without Borders/IVC/Meade event at IVC
- AstroImage 2008
- Storage for AstroImage gallery
- Election schedule (closing nominations in November instead of December)
- Suggestions for finding assistants/replacements for Don Lynn/Anza Site Custodian position
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected. Have compatible connectors and the new mirror been obtained?
- Notices re: weed/rubbish clearance at Anza? Deadline is end of May.
- Notices to pad/observatory holders that any significant proposed changes to their pad/observatory need to be submitted to the Board for approval?
- Anza House repairs
- Centennial Heritage Museum – loss of the classroom
- Appropriate use/disposal of original mount designated for Mocat, C-11
- Skyshed issue (Craig Bobchin)
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Update on raffle of scope donated by William Optics
- Anza Site Committee update – aerial mapping finished, waiting for soil engineering plan.
- Kuhn update
- Anza perimeter fence – Don Lynn is continuing to install additional posts, needs volunteers to help out at the May star parties (NW corner of the property)