Revised Agenda - 3/7/04 Board Meeting
By: Barbara Toy
March 1, 2004 9:57PM PDT
OCA Board Meeting
March 7, 2004
- Approval of January Minutes
- Financial Summary/insurance status
- Set May meeting date – BSC star party is 5/8, Anza 5/15, RTMC 5/28-30; 5/2 and 5/23 seem best on calendar.
- Approval of expenditure for club pamphlets ($531.94 for 2000) and cards ($106.19 for 2000)
- Approval of new door for observatory (estimated cost: $450)
- Approval of $100 to support the Silverado/Black Star Canyon Clear Sky Clock (Russ Sipe is sponsoring the Anza Clear Sky Clock)
- Approval of up to $300 for purchase of telecompressor for the Kuhn telescope
- Approval of expenditures to grade and lay gravel on the roads at Anza (estimated $500 for the tractor, $700 for the gravel).
- Approval of setting 2004 Star-B-Q on July 17 (July Anza star party)
- Approval for adding Website Editor/former President and former Trustee Russ Sipe to OCA Board emailing list.
- Approval of up to $300 for vinyl flooring for the three bathrooms in Anza House and associated costs.
o LX200 plan and variations
o Establishing policies and procedures
o Maintenance issues
- Anza site plan/Anza Planning Task Force
- Anza Broadband – Implementation of payment schedule, controlling access, proposed rules for use of the service.
- Security lock for observing area of OCA Observatory
- Observatory roof.
- Chapman University – show of appreciation. Tony Obra’s suggestion: Brass/bronze plaque
- Repair/rebuilding of storage/library cabinets at Chapman needed.
- Proposal from Bob Evans’ to change club election procedure: In case of a tie for position of Trustee, increase total number of Trustees by one and let both of the tied candidates serve as Trustee for that year.
- Proposal from Liam Kennedy re: funding for supplies needed for “Look Up Tonight With the OCA.”
- Establishing/maintaining repository of club correspondence
- Establishing/maintaining club archives
- Mice/rat eradication in Anza House
UPDATES NOT REQUIRING ACTION
- Telescope Loaner Program
- Items in storage – use in Loaner Program, selling unneeded/unusable items at RTMC and elsewhere
- Kuhn – update on issue on replacement/upgraded parts
- Painting of Anza House
- Anza House furnace
- Awards plans/program update