Revised Agenda for Board meeting on 1/28
By: Barbara Toy
January 23, 2007 9:28PM PDT
Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
January 28, 2007
- Installation of 2007 Board
- Approval of November Minutes
- Set March meeting date – Anza star party is 3/17, BSC is 3/10, and the General Meeting is 3/9. The best alternatives would be 3/4 or 3/25.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; AstroImage 2006 review
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Scott Roberts from Meade, on potential affiliation with the 4M Community
- Tim Hogle – WAA meeting / nominations for the G. Bruce Blair Award
- Banquet – need coordinator, speaker, to firm up the date
- Need to find assistants/replacements for Don Lynn
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected. Have compatible connectors and the new mirror been obtained?
- Election schedule
- Donated scope from Williams Optics
- Storage for AstroImage gallery
- Need for “What’s Up” speakers
- RTMC activities?
- Astronomy Week/Astronomy Day activities? (4/16-22; Astronomy Day is 4/21)
- AstroImage 2008
- Handicapped access to the Football Field
- Potential affiliation with the Star Gazers of Seal Beach/Leisure World, to help provide them access to a wider range of activities and speakers (six members came to our January meeting, four joined OCA).
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- OCA pins arrived, sales began at January meeting
- Anza weather damage – two pipes were frozen. Don Lynn repaired the one by the observatory, shut off the one by the upper pads. He put pipe insulation on all exposed pipes.
- Anza Site Committee update – aerial mapping in progress.
- Observatory roof (and door) update; Kuhn update
- Anza perimeter fence – Don Lynn is continuing to install additional posts, needs volunteers to help out at the February star party (NW corner of the property)