Orange County Astronomers
Meeting of the Board of Trustees
January 20, 2008
- Welcome new board
- Approval of November Minutes
- Set March meeting date – Anza star party is 3/8, BSC is 3/1, the General Meeting is 3/14, full moon is 3/21. The best alternatives would be 3/23 (full moon) and 3/16 (1st quarter moon). 3/30 is 3rd quarter moon.
- Financial Summary: Treasurer’s Report; AstroImage 2006 review
- Approve additional payment for Anza House roof.
MEMBER AND GUEST PRESENTATIONS
- Election – Satisfied with the results of the changes?
- Anza site plan
- Anza network security issues – possibility of new supplier
- Palomar Mt. antenna on OCA property without OCA permission
- Anza site security issues (update) – changing combinations, recommendation of new doorknobs and locks for Anza House (all exterior doors)
- WeatherCam – the camera and mirror still need to be installed and connected.
- Consent forms?
- Delinquent license fees on several member pads
- Fundraising issues and possibilities
- Donation of pad in Lower Pad area to club (LP-8) by Roland Borey; do we want to sell the license rights to benefit the club?
- Club pad in Upper Pad area – status, limitations, do we want to sell the license rights to benefit the club?
- Picture by Chris Butler – multiple meeting raffle to sell it?
- Other fundraising possibilities?
- Anza site information on website
- Nominee for G. Bruce Blair Award (WAA)
- Schedule for sending out reminder letters for cleanup at Anza
UPDATES NEEDING NO BOARD ACTION
- Storage for AstroImage gallery – visit to storage shed has not yet been scheduled.