OCA’s Spring “How to Use Your Telescope” ClassThis Friday, April 2, 2004, 7:30 p.m., held behind the Centennial Heritage Museum, Santa Ana.
By: Barbara Toy
March 30, 2004 7:18AM PDT
Do you have a telescope that’s giving you problems? Bring it to the class and get some help from our volunteers!
Are you thinking of getting a telescope? Come to the class and check out the telescopes others bring, find out what they like and dislike about them, get a feel for how the telescopes really work before you make your decision.
Do you like helping people who are having equipment problems get their telescopes working so they can enjoy what’s out there for themselves? Come along to the class – we can use your help!
Our free, semi-annual “How to Use Your Telescope” class is always a lot of fun for the people who come for help and the volunteers who come to help them out. This is the most “hands on” session in our regular Beginners Class – and everyone is welcome, whether you’ve been to any other class sessions or not, whatever type of telescope you have (or even if you’re just thinking about getting one and want to see some in action), and whatever level of experience you have.
The class is in front of the classroom behind the Centennial Heritage Museum (formerly the Discovery Museum). The museum is at 3101 W. Harvard in Santa Ana. This is about a half-block west of Fairview, on the north side of Harvard. The intersection of Fairview and Harvard has a signal and is about midway between Edinger and Warner. The driveway to get to the back of the museum property is through wrought iron gates at the west end of the property; follow the driveway past the orchard and gazebo area, through the turn to the right, and into the parking area. The classroom is currently behind a temporary fence, but the gate will be open. Please park outside the gate in the temporary fence unless instructed otherwise by the organizers at the scene.
Please contact Barbara Toy (firstname.lastname@example.org; 714/606-1825) or Antonio Miro (email@example.com; 714/898-9677) for more information.
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class moved to 1/7/05
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class this Friday, 7/1!
- “How to Use Your Telescope” Class on Jan. 7, 7:30 p.m.
- Beginners' Class - 7:30 tonight!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class - on 1/6/06!
- Beginners Astronomy Class - Intro to Astrophotography
- 2/2/08 Beginners Class - AstroImaging Basics!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" Class on 1/4/08!
- Reminder - How to Use Your Telescope class Friday, 7/7!
- "How to Use Your Telescope" class tonight - even if it rains!
- How to Use Your Telescope Class – on 1/5/07
- Sept. Beginners Class Cancelled! - Revised Schedule to 2/2009
- Free "How to Use Your Telescope" Class on 2/6/09
- January Beginners Class Cancelled!
- How To Use Your New Telescope Class - January 4th 2019
- Beginner's Classes